The Kodachadri Trek is a trekking route in the Western Ghats of India. Kodachadri Trek has been made accessible to tourists by the government of Karnataka, which has constructed two new bridges over the Mandovi River.
Kodachadri Trek, also known as “the most dangerous trek” in India, is a trail that stretches from Kodachadri to Panchalingam on the top of Kodachadri peak. There are no signs or markers along this trail, so hikers must pay attention to their surroundings and watch out for wild animals and other hazards.
It is a trek that offers an opportunity to see some of the most beautiful views and experience amazing trekking activities like trekking, rock climbing, camping, and more. This trek offers breathtaking views, serene silence and solitude, and great adventure activities like rock climbing, rappelling, and canyoning. The trek begins with a climb up to the village of Uliyanaloi, located at an altitude of 2,636 meters. You may want to stop for a break along the way. Some spots along the way offer places to rest and grab some food. The route then leads to Kodaikanal, famous for its coffee plantations and tea gardens. This itinerary might be a good choice if you want to experience some outdoor activities and explore the region.
How To Reach:
Kodachadri has located 20 km from the nearest city, Kollur. You would have to take a bus from Bangalore to reach Kodachadri, passing through the major cities of Tumkur, Tiptur, and Arsikere and finally arriving in Hannanagara.
Kodachadri is about 400 kilometers from Bangalore. Mangalore, Udupi, Baindur, Kollur, and Nittur from Kerala. The closest train is in Kundapura, about 50 kilometers from Kollur, while the closest airport is in Mangalore, about 150 kilometers away.
Things To carry:
The things you need to carry in a trek are usually things you would not find easily in nature. The things you need to carry are usually water, snacks, and a map. It would help if you carried these things in your bag or backpack.
Best Time To Visit:
An ideal time to travel is between October and April, when it’s less likely to rain, so you’ll have the most pleasant weather.
Level Of Difficulty:
There are three levels of difficulties for this trek. One is for those who are relatively new to hiking and don’t have much experience in mountain climbing and camping under extreme conditions. Level two is for those with some hiking and camping experience, but they need more practice with their skills before attempting level three. Level three is a difficult hike that requires extensive training, experience, and knowledge of how to camp under extreme conditions. With all the steep hills, this route is not simple to go up and down, but the gorgeous terrain is worth every step you take.
- In rainforests, leeches are a regular sight, mainly in moist places. You will want to be ready for the Kodachadri rainforest trail in Karnataka. It might not be an easy journey, but it will certainly be worth it once you see the amazing view at the summit.
- The Kodachadri hills’ summit is off-limits for camping or overnight stays. If you would like to visit Kundapura or Kollur, it would be best if you stayed for a bit.
- Kodachadri is well known for its breathtaking sunsets. The “Sarvajna Peetha” on the summit and the Hidumulae falls are among Kodachadri’s key draws.
- The Kollur Mookambika temple, Nagara Fort, and Arasinagundi Falls are some more attractions close to Kodachadri.
- The town of Kollur is the closest one to Kodachadri and is the best place from which to access the hill. Traveling to Nittur Village overnight is an alternative route.
- Kollur, 9 kilometers away from Kodachadri, is a good location to access the hill. Kollur is accessible via Shimoga or Bangalore. Jeeps will be accessible between Kodachadri and Kollur.
- You can hike to Kodachadri’s summit and take a jeep ride to the mountain’s base. Sometimes visitors ride jeeps to the Mookambika temple and hike up the mountain.
- Near Kodachadri, there aren’t any ATMs. To find ATMs, you must travel to Kollur from Kodachadri.
The journey to Kodachadri was a memorable experience. The Kodachadri trek is full of beautiful views and has a lot of interesting facts about the mountain. The conclusion is that the Kodachadri trek is a great way for tourists to experience. The beauty of a different culture and discover the hidden secrets of the wilderness. This was a fun piece to write, so we hope you enjoyed reading it. We want to thank you for reading this article and encourage you to share it with your friends on social media.